View Single Post
Old 03-30-2014, 03:28 AM   #33
Mart

Default Re: How has anyone delt with this zerk problem?

I looked at the parts I have in my shed and the lower mount looks different to the mount you have. Are you sure the rear mount you have is correct? The area below the two lower bolts is depressed to give more clearance. I cannot see any reason why simply adding a washer each side until enough clearance is achieved would be a problem. I would look at it as the first resort not the last.

I cannot see how any of the grease fitting adaptors pictured would be as compact as the one you have.

What I would do, is try and cheat the situation a little. I would see if the existing fitting would screw in not quite one turn, so the thing is further in by one thread pitch, and the angle of the fitting is approached from a more central position where there is marginally more clearance. If it does not want to turn, I would remove it and carefully retap the hole until it allows the fitting to go in further. I would then offer it all up and add spacer washers as necessary until it fits together ok giving enough clearance.

I'm not being funny, but this is not a massive problem that should have people across the globe scratching their heads. In the time it has took me to write this I could have fixed it for you.

Mart.
Mart is offline   Reply With Quote