View Single Post
Old 03-29-2014, 08:53 PM   #26
Old Henry

Default Re: How has anyone delt with this zerk problem?

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talkwrench View Post
Can you get to the one at the top, should be one in each clam? Just pump through that one. Let us know how you go replacing the mount. It's a job on my to do list.. I take it you have to drop the back end out to do it ?.damn..
There is not a zerk on the top clam. Only on the bottom. If I wanted one on the top I'd have to reverse the halves when I put it back together.

I don't know if the tranny mount can be replaced by just loosening it and jacking up the engine and tranny off of it to replace it without pulling the torque tube off. My challenge, even with the tranny out, is that there are no heads to the bolts that hold it on through the frame and my bolts are turning when I try to remove the nuts. So, it looks like I'm going to have to dig into that rubber that the bolts are molded into to get a hold of them with vice grips to get the nuts off to replace it.