View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 09:09 PM   #19
Lawson Cox

Default Re: Tell us your location so we can help

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobj49f2 View Post
Why doesn't everyone list their location? I've noticed a lot of posters don't have their location listed below their avatars. When people post questions about problems their having with their vehicles or are looking for places to find parts or services it would come in handy to know your general location. You don't need to give us directions to your house but if we knew your general location some one might be close enough to take a run over and see if we could help or suggest local outlets for parts or services. I know I would take a short drive to help a fellow flatheader if I thought I could help. I would be more willing to help if I knew the poster was in the next town over. Also, maybe if you see some one posting in your area you could drop them a email just to say hi. You've probably passed them a half dozen times over the years at shows and swapmeets. I will admit I didn't think of including my location on this board until today because I just didn't think about until I read a post about a person having trouble with the F-1. I have my location listed on all the other boards I visit including the HAMB and FTE.

You just have to go into the "User CP" and enter it into box in "Edit Your Details" option. No one will be able to track you down if you give your general location, "SE WI" or "Milwaukee, WI" but it sure could help out if you can't find that one elusive part you've lost and I'm down the road from you.
Sounds good but how do you edit your details?
Lawson Cox is offline   Reply With Quote