View Single Post
Old 06-12-2014, 02:06 PM   #16
[email protected]

Default Re: The Most Interesting Ford Dealership Photo Ever Seen?

I remember around 20 some years ago getting into the old Ford dealership in downtown Clinton, WI before they closed it down to move to another location. The basement of this building was a fully equipped machine shop with the overhead belt system to operate all of these machines. The story was that in the winter months they would get their inventory as knocked down Model T's and also some farm equipment all in crates. They would haul it off of the railroad line depot a 1/2 block away. They would then put it into a freight elevator and take it down into the basement for final assembly. We were amazed at that time about the grunt work of just moving around all of the heavy crates, etc... Lots of strong backs in those days from hauling milk cans I guess.

Sure glad that I had a chance to see that snapshot back in time for viewing that belt driven machine shop. It was better then any museum display... I never heard of what ever happened to all of the belt driven machines they had in that shop other then the equipment was all removed.
modela@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote