View Single Post
Old 03-02-2017, 05:29 PM   #1
ct1932ford

Default The Noise From Hell! Gone But Not Forgotten.

I am running a 48 Merc circle tack motor in my Deuce Coupe. I started getting a noise a while back. I have checked The starter motor! Under the intake. (thought the vent tube or oil baffles came loose). I also checked fuel pump area and I did find the tube had a bit of bent over area, fixed it and not there either. I did remove spark plugs and spayed some Marvel Mystery Oil in each hole and added 4oz. to the gas tank. The noise that before only started after the engine was up to temperature now happens right from the start. So it seems that the MMO has loosened up whatever it is. Valves? So today I removed the plugs and again sprayed MMO. It seems that is/was the problem. (Sticking Valves). The noise stopped ! This has been going on for some time. Motor sounds great and I can stop pulling my hair out! Wait I don't have any hair. Like to thank everyone that has posted similar issues/ problems. It does help. Also thanks to Mac Vanpelt for his phone call and input. I am going to do another dose of MMO and run it some more.