Thread: Drake parts
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 02:43 PM   #9
Kube

Default Re: Drake parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41LjH View Post
I thought about the previous posts before I wrote this. I am new to Old Fords but not to the car hobby and have been turning wenches as a hobby for over 50 years. I have been frustrated by the inferior parts and parts that don't fit since I bought my 41 Ford Pickup in 2009. I have concluded most parts do not fit out of the box so,as others have said,I spend a lot of money sending things back. I suppose this is to be expected but I don't like it. It is bad enough when the part is just wrong,but when the pieces you buy don't fit together that is real irritating. Case in point Bob Drake headlight rims. Why do you suppose the clips packaged with the rims are too small to fit over the pins to hold the parking light lens in the rim? I had to use Vintique clips.
To the comment "don't buy from him" it isn't that easy. I have ordered many parts from other vendors and find when they arrive they are Bob Drake. The ironic thing is I pay less than I would pay Bob Drake and still get his parts. Between Bob Drake, Dennis Carpenter, and Vintique a large part of the market is sewed up, so we really do not have the choice that we think we have. I would appreciate a little more quality control from all the suppliers. If this upsets you I am truly sorry, but the facts speak for themselves.
You have somewhat gone to my original query... that being when parts are obviously wrong,why do we need to pay to return them? Also, why are they continually advertised as "perfect copies" etc. when they are so obviously NOT?

I think it was very telling the last time I did call to return something to BD and the gal that I spoke with offered with NO hesitation "they don't fit"?
tells me she knew it and must hear it quite often.
I can appreciate the fact that without these suppliers the hobby would be more difficult. Still, that is NOT the point.
I see nothing wrong with pointing out who and what parts / services stink. I do not hide my name and / or contact info. I state the facts and offer a chance for a rebuttal.
How are other folks supposed to know / learn good from bad? You guys that complain about this thread - have you ever read a restaurant review? If you have, why? Isn't it just terrible that someone would write such a thing? How about a movie review? If you folks really think about this and look at my initial query, I am confident you will see that what I have asked is not too much to expect from a reasonable / fair business.
Good businesses / ethical business owners correct their mistakes. The smart ones actually appreciate constructive criticism as it affords them the opportunity to correct their misgivings.