Thread: Drake parts
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 02:25 PM   #8
41LjH

Default Re: Drake parts

I thought about the previous posts before I wrote this. I am new to Old Fords but not to the car hobby and have been turning wenches as a hobby for over 50 years. I have been frustrated by the inferior parts and parts that don't fit since I bought my 41 Ford Pickup in 2009. I have concluded most parts do not fit out of the box so,as others have said,I spend a lot of money sending things back. I suppose this is to be expected but I don't like it. It is bad enough when the part is just wrong,but when the pieces you buy don't fit together that is real irritating. Case in point Bob Drake headlight rims. Why do you suppose the clips packaged with the rims are too small to fit over the pins to hold the parking light lens in the rim? I had to use Vintique clips.
To the comment "don't buy from him" it isn't that easy. I have ordered many parts from other vendors and find when they arrive they are Bob Drake. The ironic thing is I pay less than I would pay Bob Drake and still get his parts. Between Bob Drake, Dennis Carpenter, and Vintique a large part of the market is sewed up, so we really do not have the choice that we think we have. I would appreciate a little more quality control from all the suppliers. If this upsets you I am truly sorry, but the facts speak for themselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmwwB34vxJE
41LjH is offline   Reply With Quote