Thread: Drake parts
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 01:18 PM   #6
hardtimes

Default Re: Drake parts

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooley View Post
Why can't people make a complaint about a business, and post it here to share with others in a non personal way? I don't order from him, but business is business and the fact that he is a nice guy should not prevent people from sharing their concerns. There are a ton of posts on the HAMB about certain vendors, and said vendors are made aware of them and in some instances have made changes for the better. Maybe there is something that Bob Drake could improve on???
Hey Dooley,
I'm for free speech and take 'IT' all as a learning process...warts and all !
This place would be boring as heck...without stated problems, situations and yes..opinions. As for ANY particular supplier/business, they will live large and/or business will die based on their products and behavior..IMO.

What I would really like to know is...as regards catalogues; does such a thing as PROOF reading exist anymore? And, does any such practice as R&D exist at any level of making/selling in the old car parts industry

As to my first question: I have seen SAME part on different pages of same catalogue with different prices and description...what the heck is going on there? Well, it's obvious, no proof reading!

As to my second question: I have ordered/received parts that (because of ever increasing shipping rates and not fit for intended purpose) have been placed in the trash can.

Seems to me that BOTH of these questions/situations could easily be answered/remedied by having someone/anyone into old cars (public) enlisted to try out the product and make written report of what found...or is this too simplistic? Seems this procedure would boost/promote business and reduce/eliminate bad mouthing of suppliers products/service..no ?
hardtimes is offline   Reply With Quote