View Single Post
Old 03-14-2024, 01:58 PM   #8
Ronnieroadster

Default Re: Cleaning out my cams

We all have had a degree of learning by way of cams over the years. My little 258 blower combination on the street ran strong with a Potvin 3/8 super we figured it was making a good 300 HP. Same engine testing in my 3000 pound race car at the 1.5 mile speed trap ran 171MPH at the timers. Another great cam I ran and still have is the Crane R-450 anything over 450 lift would be to big to fit threw the flathead cam bearings so that was the limit from what I know.

Another good choice I used many times was the old reliable L-100 ground using the original
Laterio cam grinder and master. And lastly from the good old days I ran the Potvin 425 ground on the 32 steel cam. Don't know where that one ended up can't find it in my stash of stuff!
Ronnieroadster
First ever gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to run 200 MPH at Bonneville Salt Flats setting the record August 7th 2021 at 205.744 MPH
Ronnieroadster is offline   Reply With Quote