View Single Post
Old 01-16-2022, 08:37 AM   #6
nkaminar

Default Re: Seepage at the head

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Your car's performance probably has nothing to do with the coolant leakage. If you have the stock head you may want to put on a high compression head and do a tune up.

I would recommend a new head gasket. I used the Best brand gasket and the copper spray and it worked well on my car. You should not have to replace the studs unless they are very rusty. You can run a die down to clean up the threads. The block and head should be flat and clean. I use acetone as the finial wipe. Small pits and imperfections in the block can be filled in with JB Weld and sanded flat with 400 grit paper wrapped around a flat file. The head can be flattened using 220 grit paper glued to a flat surface like a granite block. It is best to have it re machined but the sanding is low cost if funds are an issue. Clean the paint off the nuts. Torque according to the specifications in gradual increases. Use a little anti-seize on the nuts. Consult the red book Model A Mechanics Handbook Vol I. Retorque according to directions.
The clutch always sticks, and starts with a jerk.
My car grows red hair, and flies through the air.
Driving's a blast, a blast from the past.
nkaminar is offline   Reply With Quote