View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 08:28 PM   #12
Kube

Default Re: More reproduction cr-p

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM 35 Sedan View Post
Kube, just wondering....have you spoken to Drake about these problems with his parts that you are posting about here? If you did...what was his response? If you didn't...why wouldn't you have talked to him first? Maybe there is a reasonable explanation for these problems. Sometimes it's beneficial to both the supplier and the customer work together on these issues. I am definitely one who will admit to being extremely happy that Bob Drake is making reproduction parts for the cars I own.
Hi John, #1) I don't buy from Bob as I am tired of his poor business ethics. I don't need anything so bad as to deal with a snake oil salesman.
#2) Why would I bother speaking to him? So I can hear what many others have heard? "Oh, you're the first person to tell us this".
He knows what he sells. Or, he should.
You can bet he has one of his minions watching this and other sites for posts in this and similar regards. Like the one about his water pumps a couple of years ago, he ONLY acted once more than a dozen guys climbed aboard and said they'd received the same old line "your the first guy, blah, blah, blah..."
Sure Bob has helped many of us and for that I am thankful. However, don't forget how many guys he took money from and knowingly sold them crap.

I only wish the numerous guys that have sent me private messages would POST them. Maybe then, just maybe things would change.
My bottom line remain a matter of ethics. It's as simple as that. When and if I sell something that I may have made a mistake on the description or even it was thought by the buyer I did not represent something correctly, I handle it and handle it to the buyers satisfaction. If one of my employees sells something or misrepresents something (rarely happens as I use a thing called "proper training") I take the hit. It is after all my company and MY responsibility.