View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 06:55 AM   #16
montanafordman

Default Re: Rebuild Model A Rear Axle

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlG View Post
BRENT in 10-uh-C. . . . .
Have you been looking over my shoulder? You are pretty much describing what I'm going thru right now. "while I'm there, I might as well . . . . ."

Oh man, I'm right there with ya! I have the rear end out of my car as well, and while attending my clubs annual picnic lastnight I got talked into pulling the trans also... I'm a little too much of a perfectionist for my own good. I have a hard time leaving well enough alone. I only drove the car a few miles before tearing into it almost a year ago and seemed to run and shift fine (everything else has needed addressing though) and I know I'll have that nagging thought when I got it back together "gee, wish I'd taken a look at the trans/clutch while that was all apart" and then 3 months later had an issue and really been sorry!

I guess its all piece of mind so I'll be able to keep up on tour and not have any surpises when I get my coupe roadworthy. The agonizing part is that I REALLY want to drive it and I"ve come SO FAR it seems very close! I'm sure the little extra time and money would not be regretted however. I also have a baby (my wife and I's first) on the way due in December so its motivation to spend $$ and work on my A while I can so I better hurry up and git er done!