Thread: H&H Flatheads
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 12:45 AM   #56
max sr

Default Re: H&H Flatheads

My name is Max Herman Sr. from H & H, and the father of Mike ( H & H Flatheads) and Max III ( H & H Antique-4 Bangers ). I have been building engines for over 40 years and was tought and mentor by Joe Gemsa, Kong Jackson & Wes Copper from the late 60's.

We have a shop that is a specialty shop for Ford's that has equipment that no other shop employs and is strictly for what we do.

I generally do not reply to this type of post yet prefer to observe and give info or suggetions that may be helpful or informative, BUT after watching all the prior posts, all of which are favorable, I feel compelled to address the root of this issue and conduct of Schwartz as it pertians to our shop and specifically my Mike.

We operate our shop as a family buisness and have family values and history attached to every engine or part we build or manufacture including our SCoT Blowers, Navarro Cylinder head and manifols, our Bonnevillle recording setting 4 bangers, 471 Blower Drive assemblies as well as all the R & D to supply the Ford hobbiest with the best products that can be produced.

Our engines are all built as if they were our own and our customer needs at all times are at the top of the list, and this includes multiple Q & A daily on the phone despite it being a customer or a mere inquiry for help, opinion or suggestions.

We have always adhered to this policy and always worked with our customers as to any issues that may come up. There is not finger pointing, simply analysis, education and resolution to satisfy our customers. And this is our governing principles of which my sons and I
apply to every day.

I find Schwartz comments DECEPTIVE, LESS THAN FORTHCOMING,
INUENDO RIDDEN WITH MALICE AND MALICIUOS BASES FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF EXTRACTING MONETARY RENUMERATION.

It has taken me a few days and a few reads to digest the Schwartz comments etc and I will list the facts as supported by Scharwtz's comments and his slippery slope of lack of answering direct questions either by failure to reply or alluding to repetative dribble and self empithy.

The facts as I know them:

5-2006--59A flathead block machined for Martin:
Hotank, Mag,Crack Repair, 8 Sleeves, 16 Valve Seats ( 1.5 &
1.6 ) Resurface Block & PRESSURE TEST & CERAMICALLY
PRESSURE SEAL BLOCK w/ IRONTITE .

6-17-2011--letter sent to H & H -actually received approx 6-20-2011

THIS IS THE 1ST AND ONLY COMMUNICATION WITH SCHWARTZ
ABOUT THIS ENGINE

The letter states " the motor has been used for ABOUT 2000
MILES"..."Sleeves have moved .002"..."water is leaking into
cylinders 1 & 2."

" I want to be compensated for my loses that has resulted in
finding an other block and having that block machined"

"I will be coming to Anahiem June 25 for a car show I could
bring you the block."

" IF I DO NOT HEAR FROM YOU BY JUNE 25 I AM GOING PUBLIC"

5-24-2010 to 7-1-2011

Schwartz has started 15 threads and 32 posts a number of which
are " what is it worth " type questions.

The following posts are from Schwartz and by his own posting show
the issues he had and the deceptive nature of his reeplys and posts.

5-26-2010 ( 1 year & 2months ago )
"problem 59ab modified flathead...three 97,...Offenhauser heads...Malory ignition...I have about 1000 miles on motor and it has a little blow by...cast iron rings...I was getting water in cylinders. I ...put in alumaseal and that stopped the water problem in the left bank...I still have water in number 1 and 3 cylinders... .

As Schwartz has stated on 5-2011 "1000 miles..." "water in number 1 and 3..." and on 6-2011 "2000 miles..." "water ...cylinders 1 and 2"

Schwartz never purchased any parts for this engine from H & H nor has he ever identified who or where the engine was assembled. Quite odd he never brings Martin into the alleged warranty issue nor did he ever cleary state that he bought the engine from Martin via the Ford Barn.

His comments are sinister and self serving to simply attempt to produce a Buisness Interuption via Internet Blackmail and with a younger person in the industry it becomes real easy to shake them down via media comments being either defamitory or liabelous and predatory.

The reason I spoke of CERAMICALLY PRESSURE SEALED IRONTITE is basically we are the only shop that I know of that has made all the pressure plates for v/8 60's to v/12 Linclons that allow us to Ceramically seal the cooling system of the engines at 180 degrees and 20 lbs pressure that well exceed the radiater systems of these engines with a final test of 60 lbs.

That being said, there exists multiple unsolved mystery questions of which are not addressed by Schwartz as to the assembly procedures etc. other than putting Alumaseal in a apparent blown head gasket engine.

It does not take a professional to assemble an engine BUT you must approach it in a professional manner & the 1st step is knowing your limitations and seeking professional advice ( and I don't mean from the 3 most illusive people Bro, Homey or MY Buddy ) from people in the industry and taking responsibility for your own actions or lack of.

This is why we pride ourselves in talking to all that call regardless of there status, customer or not, as well as the multiple shop mini tours we give to any one that comes by at any time. Yes it is time consuming but it is also a ton of fun to give up some insight or knowledge to guys with an interest.

Fe26 ( Sydney Australia ) I agree 100% with you and your post to the back door woah is me post by Schwartz.

I fully hope this puts and end to the self serving malicious comments of Schwartz and his in vien attempt to disparage & shake down H & H.

I appreciate the reponses and support and your patience with my long post.

And with out hesitation our doors are always open and if we can help give us a call.

I support and commend my boys Max III & MIke on their work ethic and continuing development of engines and products.

Thanks for the forum Max Sr.
max sr is offline   Reply With Quote