View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 10:52 AM   #7
Keith True

Default Re: PPG Shopline paint?

I have used a lot of the Omni.Years ago the PPG rep told me that as the Concept was improved,and reformulated,the old Concept formula became the Omni.At the time he said the Omni I was using was the Concept of 5 years earlier.I have a building I rent out as a body shop,back then the tenant was a PPG certified applicator.He was doing a Corvette for a friend,and they used it for a couple of PPG seminars.Probably 15 guys around watching the rep explain and apply the substrate and finish over three or four seminars.Everything was done by the book,I remember them blocking the K36 so it would be ready for him to lay on the finish Concept.That was about 10 years ago,the car has always been kept in a heated garage,never left in the sun or out in bad weather,and the owner told me a few months ago the car looks like an alligator.The new rep looked at it(they went through a lot of reps here) said the problem was not the products,it was in the poor prep and application.We are all getting a chuckle out of it,nobody told him until after he looked at it that the whole job had been done under the eye of the previous rep and the gun was held by him for a good portion of the final finish.I am having a problem with some Concept right now.I am painting some parts with a 48 Ford red,fleet color,and the color is pulling back from sharp edges.I painted my 30 RPU that color with Omni,and that didn't happen.The owner of a 53 Ford truck wanted the same color,but wanted the higher quality paint.It is doing what I would have expected the Omni to do.
Keith True is offline   Reply With Quote