View Single Post
Old 06-07-2023, 07:38 PM   #6
busmania

Default Re: Best trunk floor replacement source? - 40 coupe

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomT/Williamsburg View Post
I am not a restorer - I just build them to drive them. In that way of thinking, hammer out the dents, fix any holes, treat the underside with a good rust cleanup, rustoleum red oxide rusty metal primer, and paint it black both top and bottom. Put some padding down in the trunk and cover it with black carpet from Walmart (about $30) and you are done. If you are restoring yours to be judged, definitely get the best rear floor you can find. If UPAC has it, I would go with them. The few 32 pieces I bought were excellent
I am with you but the journey as important as the destination. I’m not looking for a show car or a car to even show anyone. Just a car I’m happy with that I “did right” in my eyes. I enjoy the process as much as the end result so extra time working on something to do it “right” in my eyes is not a problem. Leaving the trunk in its current state will just always bug me and I’ll always wish I’d have done it when the body and frame are apart anyway.

Thanks kube. The ems parts are several pieces. The Dennis carpenter and United look to use the same one piece stamped pan. Was original one stamped piece or several like ems?

In planning my next move I’d be curious to know anyone’s thoughts on if bracing is necessary and if replacing with body off frame is easier or doing it with the frame attached to the rest of the body?