View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 03:30 PM   #13
ctlikon0712

Default Re: So, was I in the wrong for trying to educate the 3bay seller?

Brent, I think that is a very true hypothesis. If I saw the vehicle and owner in person I would have still approached him if he claimed it was a restored original. I might have colored my statements differently, but then again he might would have seen my genuine motive to be a honest, benevolent advisor not a critic seeking an online thrill.
Cool Hand Lurker, no worries. I put this out there just as a sounding board of my peers. I knew there would be both sides of the coin here. I also see where I could have posed my first letter to him better but it was first thing in the morning for me. Maybe I should have asked him what he meant by "restored" and if he knew of any of the indicators I ended up mentioning.
Craig, yes I noticed that too and thought it was funny how he seemed to justify his position by how many and how much he has. Good for him, I just hope it isn't gained from unsuspecting consumers.
BobbyG, Its funny you commented here. I kind of was thinking of your situation here. I have followed your questions about your car and how it was built by a "known builder" I believe was the term. I truly hope that you are still enjoying your car, even with the unforeseen challenges you have faced with it.
Chris, you are probably right. I just hate to see people taken.
Thanks for chiming in everyone.