View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 12:45 PM   #5
Craig Lewis

Default Re: So, was I in the wrong for trying to educate the 3bay seller?

To me the car is "carefully" missrepresented.
Looking at the pictures it is no worse than the majority of Model A's I see at car shows and in the mall on display. Unfortunately the vast majority of potential Model A owners don't make use of the available forums and literature to find out what an authentic car should be made of until it's too late and they own it. I did the same thing over 20 yrs ago and am still dealing with the consequences.
It's the same thing as when the vast majority invests their life savings... It's been said we'll generally put more thought into picking out a pair of pants, than into selecting a financial advisor.
Whoever buys this thing will very likely get a certain amount of enjoyment from it or the attention he's starving for at car shows. Hopefully the internals & running gear aren't as badly represented as the car & maybe he will get some happy use from it.
...although the salesperson has carefully covered his *ss stating it's only been driven "around the block". Smart one!
Sure it's covered with dozens upon dozens of incorrect parts, the paint is too shiny in the wrong places, the woodwork somehow looks "all wrong" (to my uneducated woodworking eyes)...even the ad is riddled with spelling errors. I'm not sure how they got "plating" to adhere to all the stainless nor why the dents where left in the radiator surround. I'm not even sure what they "rebuilt" on the head as even the ad acknowledges the valves are in the block.
Bottom line is ...buyer beware, I know you've done a commendable job of politely educating them but you'll never be able to save the world and besides, if everyone was smart...we'd all have a much harder time saving for retirement.
Merry Christmas everyone
Craig Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote