View Single Post
Old 07-01-2017, 06:30 AM   #19
Synchro909

Default Re: Hershey thoughts.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wick View Post
This will be trip #11 for me at Hershey and I'll be 58 then. I always find things I don't need.....yet?
I've been to a few 3 day swap meets this year and have told people younger then me how to get spots at Hershey. Auctions are not producing a supply of parts in va,md,pa. For me like they use to. BUT......I'm putting a lot of miles on my truck picking garages, sheds and hot rodders. The stuff is still out there!!!
You guys don't know how lucky you are. Finding Model A stuff here anywhere but at a swap is like looking for rocking horse $#!T. I envy you and when the times come for another A for me, I might ask here if anybody has a lead for me. (I have bought 2 Model As out of the US)
As for the way swaps are going, I'm 68 and have had a health issue or two (2 heart operations last year, for example. Just as well they didn't cost me anything!) but I feel good now. Visited Hershey 3 years ago and would like to go back but the travel there is a killer. Swaps here seem to be becoming flea markets with car parts stands getting further and further apart. I'll keep going though because I like the fellowship and camaraderie. Those not in the old car movement have no idea how rewarding it can be.