View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 10:54 PM   #56
Kohnke Rebabbitting

Default Re: Not getting fire!! Won't start. PLEASE HELP FAST!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crotex View Post
First off I want to say thanks to Tom Foster for the PM he sent me with helpful info.

Second off. I had the president of the local Model A club stop by for a minute and he showed me what to do. He didnt have much time so he told me and showed me. I did exactly as he said to do and nothing happend other than the coil got really hot.

He had me run the distributor wire to the negative side of the coil. The the positive side to the post on the starter. I still did not get anything and it is still not running.
If the points are closed, the coil will get hot. If the ammeter is toast, you will have an open. I have seen points so close that they look like there closed, but they are not touching. Some times finger prints on new point contacts are enough to not make contact, or when you file, and not remove the dust, they won't make contact. With the coil wire in the coil, and the other end in the top, with the top on the head about a 1/4 inch away, with points closed, take a screw driver and make and break the points to check the contacts, it should snap, unless juice is not going through the contacts. There just is not much there to check out. I am going back to read what has been posted so far. Herm.
Kohnke Rebabbitting is offline   Reply With Quote