View Single Post
Old 12-17-2022, 01:07 PM   #27
JayJay

Default Re: follow up on Hagerty

Quote:
Originally Posted by 31 Woody View Post
Years ago I had Grundy. I wanted to increase the insured value of my cars—they said no problem. Your new premium will be $XXX. A few weeks later I get a bill for $XXX + an underwriting fee of $XX and $XX (one for each car). Dropped back and punted. I have been with Hagerty since. I just called Hagerty last week and added a 30 Cabriolet. Cost=$30 annual. Now, having said that, I have a small fleet insured with them so there is no way I can drive them all, but $30? No underwriting fee, changed the value of a few other cars while I was on the phone. And thanks to the comments above, it looks like I need to call them and inform them I am a MARC member. I don’t think i get that discount.
I was surprised when I added my '31 Town Sedan to my existing Hagerty policy a few months ago, premium for that was very reasonable (around $40 if I recall). Turns out that Hagerty writes one policy and then adds vehicles to it, as opposed to other vendors that write a separate policy for each vehicle. So my very reasonable premium was for only a couple of months, until the existing policy renewed. Having said that, I still think Hagerty is the best overall for me, but it may be that your $30 doesn't cover an entire year.

I hate that chicken-s**t "fee" thing that vendors do. Here in the PRC when you have your oil changed by a shop there's a "fee" for disposal of the oil. And a tire carcass disposal "fee" when you buy new tires, regardless of whether you're disposing of old tires or not. Not to mention a general "environmental fee" that gets tagged onto every service order. That's a cost of doing your business.

JayJay

------------------------
1930 Murray Town Sedan
1931 Briggs S/W Town Sedan
JayJay is offline   Reply With Quote