View Single Post
Old 03-18-2024, 08:37 AM   #13
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: 2024 Chickasha pre-war Swap Meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronn View Post
It looks like everyone has a differing opinion on this subject. I do think quite a bit of it is regional. Pate is so dam far away from me, I wouldnt even give it a 2nd glance. Same with chickasha.
I live only 2 hours from Hershey and if I were to attend anywhere, that would be it. But,

everyone is stating the last 5 yrs how much Hershey is diminishing....... so........
I buy every week on ebay and have now for 25 yrs. I find pretty much everything I want at the leisure of sitting at my computer. Better yet, I can do it at 1am in the morning or whenever I feel like. There are so many brick and mortar costs with swaps, that I do believe as a whole, they are dwindling.
and then finally, there is the age out process. None of us are getting any younger.

Ronn, I also have not attended Hershey in the past 7-8 years because I feel it is too much real estate to effectively cover, the overhead (lodging, food, etc.) costs are expensive, ...and for each out-of-state vendor, Pennsylvania collects sales tax on all their sales. This has caused many vendors to leave their parts at home and just use their spaces to park their modern vehicle so they can go walking around. For me, that means there is too much time wasted walking past all of the modern cars to get to the next vendor with parts for sale.

Again, these smaller one-day or two-day meets have become very popular because they are held in more rural areas where the overhead costs are much lower than the larger meets. And to your point about us aging out or getting older, these smaller meets are much better suited to our aging bodies.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote