View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 09:26 AM   #76
Kube

Default Re: More reproduction cr-p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Piano View Post
V8COUPEMAN, here's a suggestion I humbly offer up. Instead of jumping on the band wagon, whining and castigating Bob Drake, why don't you invest your time and money to compete with Bob Drake in the Ford parts reproduction business...? Think of it, you could make all the same parts to the exacting specifications of the original Ford parts and sell them at competitive prices. You'd have nothing but completely satisfied customers, never having to return an item that you produced. However, you may find that (even with the quantity and quality of myriad parts you produce) someone somewhere might not be happy with a part they got from you, or your level of customer service, and go after you with a vengeance on a website such as the FordBarn. After making a sizeable investment of your time and money, you’ll find that you can’t please everyone all the time even if you produce a flawless replica of an original part. The obvious alternative to buying reproduction parts from Bob Drake is to find serviceable original parts or make them yourself.

As for the primary part in question in this thread (floorboard seals) I ordered them from Bob Drake for our ’39 CS and installed them with no trouble and they were a perfect fit. I can only judge by my own experience and from that, I have only one critique of Bob Drake and that is having to wait for some items because they were on “back order”.

I hope you consider my suggestion and I look forward (with great anticipation) to the launch of your line of Ford reproduction parts, and may I also suggest that you expand your forthcoming product line to include a complete inventory of exact reproduction ’39 Lincoln Zephyr parts… I’ll be your best customer!

Vic, With all due respect, you, like a few others have missed the point. This is not about who makes the parts, what they cost, how quickly they arrive (or slow)... this is about what was advertised vs. what is delivered and the subsequent way the problem is handled (or not).
If you think what I and others are doing is whining you have then sorely missed the point.
In this particular situation, past experience has proven little or nothing gets accomplished without public exposure.
Think of your LP tank that someone was paid to install correctly. They obviously had NO clue how to do that job. Very obviously. You paid to have the tank installed correctly. Yes? Is it right that you got very substandard workmanship? Did you have to pay the Bozos that installed it to do it once again?
Perhaps you are okay with receiving less then you paid for. Me? No way. I sell a lot of parts, etc. I ship what I promise / advertise and if someone is not happy (rare, but it happens) I handle it quickly and ethically. If I make a mistake (I do) I eat the return shipping. That is not only fair, it is the ONLY ethical way to handle such things.
I still find it incredibly telling that Bob is MIA from this and other related posts. it is more then obvious he is watching as he responded to the post in regard to cowl vent mechanisms.
I think by NOT responding he (Bob) has in fact offered his response.