View Single Post
Old 06-23-2015, 08:17 AM   #5
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Air Conditioner for Model A

We have installed 3 units in Model-As now, one from Ken Davis as a kit and two that we purchased individual pieces and adapted them to suit our ideas.

My personal opinion it is Air Conditioning is a great option if you need it, ...and if you do the "whole deal". Proper insulation of the body is key in my opinion to a unit that works effectively. In the pictures below, you will see how we insulated the floor, doors & walls with Dynamat and then 2 layers of bubbled foil insulation over that, and the roof insulated with the bubbled foil too. The firewall pictured below has one of the commercially available insulation panels also. While tinted windows would be a huge benefit in controlling radiant heat, I feel it detracts from the look of the car. My opinion is this vehicle still looks very original from the exterior, ...and in the way the unit is installed (tucked up under the tank & color coordinated), it often goes unnoticed by most spectators as it does not appear to be an "after-thought".

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (96.9 KB, 288 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (62.0 KB, 302 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (63.3 KB, 278 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (56.2 KB, 325 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (68.1 KB, 329 views)
File Type: jpg 6.jpg (61.7 KB, 293 views)
File Type: jpg 7.jpg (93.1 KB, 291 views)
File Type: jpg 8.jpg (65.1 KB, 291 views)
File Type: jpg 9.jpg (83.8 KB, 281 views)

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote