View Single Post
Old 12-21-2018, 12:49 PM   #10
30 Closed Cab PU

Default Re: Shock Absorber Rebuild Kits...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRENT in 10-uh-C View Post
So that we are clear here with the descriptions we are using, -to my knowledge, all that John and the late Mr. Paul are/were doing is cleaning the internals, making sure the needle will seat, installing a new check valve and installing a gasket set. Is this correct?

Generally it would be the opposite way. I suspect they were leaking at the gland ring due to too much clearance.

Hi Brent,
I do not know what he did. I had a box of them, they did not come off a car. I wire wheeled the rust off of them since they had thick rust on them so I could ID them as RH or LH and if they were originals suitable for rebuild/refurbished. Sent him 6-8 shocks and got 4 of them back working and painted. So far 2 summers and a couple of thousand miles, seem to be working well and no leaks.

Other Barn Members also seem to think highly of him, and is why I had him do the work. It could be he refurbishes them as you suggest, not a full rebuild. I suspect mine may have been a rebuild since they were in horrible shape. I did not receive a detailed sheet on what was done/parts usage. If others do not know what John does, he would have to be contacted and asked.
30 Closed Cab PU is offline   Reply With Quote