View Single Post
Old 11-03-2014, 06:04 PM   #1
dlfrisch

Default Signal light system

Installed a new signal light system on my ‘30 coupe. Followed all the directions and the wired everything as the schematic sheet directed. Could not get it to work. Finally, after a lot of searching and asking a lot of people what and how too. My final answer to make the system work, came from communicating with Les Andrews. He was also, baffled as to why. He said, make sure the flasher is a 6V + ground. The package came from a popular “A” parts dealer and the kit had a flasher with a different number then what was on the Truck-Lite Co. direction sheet. As Les suggested, get a new or correct flasher switch. I ordered an installed the listed flasher switch 6V + Gr. from O’Rielly’s Auto Parts. The one listed and pictured on the schematic sheet. (not what came with it) and the system worked.

I have only used the signal light a few times and now it goes into a rapid (fast) flash. Turn it off and on a couple of times and it will act normal for a few seconds and then go into a rapid flash again.

I called Truck-Lite and asked what could be done with the Series 900 signal light system and they could not help…..just didn’t know any answers. I called the “A” parts dealer and they had not answer.

Does anyone have this problem? If so, what’s the answer? I would like to have my incandescent signal light bulbs work as they did or do once and awhile.

Dave
dlfrisch is offline   Reply With Quote