View Single Post
Old 07-18-2014, 04:13 PM   #5
tbirdtbird
BANNED

Default Re: Carburetor Condensation

carb 'icing' as stated. Post a pic. Base of carb not getting enough heat from head or exhaust wherever it is supposed to get its heat from. I have actually seen the outside of a carb turn into a solid ball of ice from this. At that point all the fuel going into the cyls was pure liquid, black smoke poured out the pipe, and the car stalled. I wondered what was going on until I lifted the hood and looked at the carb

What happens when you spray a can of spray paint or computer air for more than a few secs? The can gets cold. An expanding gas absorbs heat (else it cannot expand). This simple statement is actually the refrigeration principle. If you kept spraying, dew would form on the cans and they would stop spraying because no more heat was available at that moment to vaporize the contents. Put the can down and come back later when it has warmed up and it will spray normal again.

Sometimes HVAC guys have to put their jug of refrigerant in a warm water bath to keep the 'freon' coming out if they are charging a big job

Computer guys keep a few cans of air laying around so that once the first one gets too cold to atomize they just move on to the next can. Later, when re-warmed, the first can again miraculously works fine

Amazing this has not already happened to you, unless something is now different