View Single Post
Old 11-08-2013, 12:48 PM   #4
Tom Wesenberg

Default Re: The Winter and a Model A

If you don't have lots of mothballs and traps, then tape the exhaust and intake closed to keep out the vermin.

I don't like to leave a battery on ANY kind of charger unattended. Over the years I've had one charger burn up and 2 batteries explode. They were only on 1 to 4 amp chargers when it happened. If the car is stored away from the house then bring the battery home and put it on a small charger for an hour a month. If the car is at home, then you can leave the battery in the car and charge it once a month for an hour. Simply clip to the head nut and starter switch. I keep mothballs in and under my cars and haven't had any mouse problems.

Three weeks ago I bought 4 Victor mouse traps with the plastic cheese paddle and caught 6 mice in the first 2 days. I set them in my basement and in front of the garage door. Caught 3 mince in each spot. I never catch any mice in my off brand China traps, so be sure to buy the Victor brand with the cheese paddle. I use peanut butter in the paddle holes.
Tom Wesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote