View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 04:13 PM   #18
jxnslotcar

Default Re: "New" project in my shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ/40 View Post
By all means share the project with photos. You may have seen "Flops'" photo threads. Very enjoyable and instructive. I like your attitude on the project, and am eager to see your work. There seems to be a wide range of opinions on the term "restoration".
My personal opinion on source is 1st choice - Brattons, and a close second Snyders. Bert's is great for used original parts. They all have great service.
I will definitely take a look at Flops thread. The say is a picture is worth a 1000 words. I have been looking at this truck to decide how much needs to come apart so that I have a good "feel" for what is there and how it comes apart, ect.
We are going to be talking about doing the paint on Monday when we are getting together to order the parts that are needed. This weekend I am going to be working on looking at the on line catalogs from those companies that were suggested above and comparing to what Mac's has to offer.
I had approx. $1800 plus shipping in parts top be ordered. That does not include any paint supplies. I will be getting the paint local as I too believe in helping those companies that are local or at least from this Country. The statement about some things from Mac's being from China is not good news to me as I would rather get as much as possible those things made in the good ole USA. Better quality and easier to work to work with as well because it is usually a better "fit".
I hope the Mods get a look at the Pictures I brought over from my Photobucket and let them post on here so that everyone can take a look at the firewall. It still has the original green paint on it.
jxnslotcar is offline   Reply With Quote