Thread: Headlight Bar
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 08:26 AM   #18
sturgis 39

Default Re: Headlight Bar

My headlight bar has always been a challenge. The stock bar was the easiest to install. Then I went with a chrome dropped headlight bar. This was a little more work. Then I installed a 32 grill. I bought a special "V" shaped chrome headlight bar that also lowered the headlights. This was the toughest one to install. The bolts go in from the bottom and the there are no nuts.

Think of the multiplication of the distance. If you are off a 1/16" at the base and then multiply buy the length to the next connection, you could be off an inch depending on the length. Then figure all the bolts that attach to the frame, fenders and headlight bar. Then figure Ford's quality control and the quality control of reproduction manufacture and what did the reproduction manufacture use for a pattern.

I got mine on and hope the next time will be easier.

I always tell friends the when the headlight bar looks like it is on backwards it is on correctly because of the slope at headlight mounting. It looks backwards to me anyway.

Do not get me started on the stupidity of ethanol. I think one of the monitors is from Iowa and he will delete the thread.

Last edited by sturgis 39; 10-30-2012 at 09:32 AM. Reason: removed the word "BOLT" had too many
sturgis 39 is offline   Reply With Quote