View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 08:16 AM   #10
[email protected]

Default Re: '21-'22 Coupe Broken Tranny, and a couple Pics just to please you!

Well DP I could almost agree with you if it wasn't for the fact that there's a very good chance the brake drum will have to be repaired or replaced simply because of the wear caused by the clutch discs on the lugs. And it's hard to believe that kind of catastrophic failure can occur with out doing some damage to the other drums in the transmission.

Also, to be this close to the magneto and not check and recharge the magnets and really do a good inspection on the coils would be foolish. And of course that's going to involve balancing all components.

There's also a question of the clutch discs themselves. And let's not forget the bands.

Then to do all that to the transmission and not check the end play in the crankshaft, consider replacing the oil tube with a larger inlet funnel wouldn't be wise. As far as the engine itself I can agree with you. Although to be this far and not pull the head and clean the carbon off the tops of the pistons and valves doesn't seem like a good idea. At this point at least do a good looksee at the cylinder walls and valve seats. And it wouldn't be a bad idea to pull the rod and main caps and platigage the clearances on the crank. Then when he puts everything back together he'll have a new set of gaskets and eliminate the chances for oil leaks.

And there might be other things to be done that escape me now. But my point is, he can do a lot of low cost inspection and save himself some grief later. JMHO
And we're wearing sunglasses
Let's go.
garrisonm89@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote