View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 04:03 PM   #12
H. L. Chauvin

Default Re: Does your Coupe have a Trunk or Rumble seat

Years ago, first had a rumble seat, but when I bought it, (early 1930 Coupe), it came with neither a trunk or rumble seat.

Seriously, when I got it as the 3rd owner, it came with a truck license plate with a neat wood box that the first farmer-owner installed. When the second owner bought it, it came with a box & a truck license plate. Several people converted trunks & rumble seats into wood truck beds, partly because of additional storage & partly because these "Conservative" Depression Era Owners saw that state licenses for trucks were only $1.00 -- cars were $2.00.

I remember when the first owner still had a rumble seat, he came to church with the 2 oldest sons in the rumble seat, & other 2 younger sons in front with parents.

Totally dismantled at present & hope to restore it with a trunk primarly because of safety with faster traffic on present day hard surfaced highways, & far more population density with far more cars on highway at higher speeds; however, not at all against rumble seats where owners may have access to low density populated areas with an abudance of scenic, undeveloped back roads on whcih to travel.
H. L. Chauvin is offline   Reply With Quote