View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 12:39 PM   #6
Bruce

Default Re: Queston of day ?

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
We live in a "rural" one-street neighborhood about 60 miles west of Chicago. One of my neighbors has the '29 Tudor that he and his wife used on their first date forty years ago. It is in its own little garage and gets charged up and driven up and down the street a couple times a year. Two miles west, another neighbor has a yellow roadster in his garage. He's saving it for his grandson, who is probably about ten years old. I know that car hasn't been out of the garage for 10 or 15 years because he had lost the key back when I met him almost that many years ago. Another three miles west I know of a cute square cab pickup in a barn. None of these guys belong to a Model A club or old car club, although I've invited 'em. None of the cars are registered or licensed. They aren't barn-finds, either. And they aren't for sale. I did find and buy one (or it found me) about three miles from home. It was sideways at the front of a two car garage. It took the guy who sold it to me a week to dig it out!
Here's a picture of that one, that has since "moved on" from Illinos to Georgia.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg my barn find.jpg (101.9 KB, 40 views)
Bruce is offline   Reply With Quote