View Single Post
Old 12-17-2011, 08:42 PM   #25
[email protected]

Default Re: my 1925 tudor project thread

I got kind of a kick out of your posts. I'm going to start with the transmission on mine and work my way toward the front. I would really like to rebuild the motor on mine because I've got it out. However I have to consider the fact the motor was running just fine. But I have to eliminate the crankshaft endplay so my magneto will work. I'm thinking of repairing the thrust on the main myself. I'm thinking I would like to learn as much as possible about the mechanics of these cars so I'm not held to the excessively high prices for labor that the people who do know charge. I sure like this hobby and really enjoy working on these cars but my fixed income limits me to what I can pay for labor. I've got a really great friend in farmallcub49 and though he supplements a good part of his income by working on model T's he has also provided me with a lot of advice and help when I'm working on them. And it helps that he supplies my parts too. The other good thing is the model T club I belong to. There aren't to many people who haven't gone through what I'm going through now. I'm a little bummed out today because they had their Christmas party this morning and I was ill and couldn't attend. I didn't think there was any reason for me to make them all sick too. So keep going. It sounds like your doing fine.
-Mike
garrisonm89@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote