View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 08:26 PM   #41
Fe26

Default Re: `32 5w Coupe found

Bart78, No one said the car was destroyed, rather it was the 'attitude' of wanton disregard that was called to account.

If you don't mind me saying; your posts on this forum frequently bemoan and lament the wilful neglect of the 'old iron' in your area.

On the one hand you decry the 'attitude' of the owners when they won't sell their old iron to you, and you don't like to see the potential wasted. On the other hand you say it's the right of an owner to cut up a beautifully restored car, and to many of us on this forum which is largely for the restorer/original car owners. We are merely asking the question, why would someone wilfully and ignorantly destroy/modify something really good, when so much old iron is still available. (The way this topic is heading it really belongs over on the HAMB.)

My stated view is; the old iron (your 38 coupe for example) is perfect material for the rodder or customiser, and I say 'well done' when a piece of old iron is resurected. But I cannot understand or comprehend the rodder who buys a restored or original car only to cut it up when so many alternatives are available.

To my mind, I believe I have the same feelings as you when you lament the waste of the old iron around you, I lament the waste of a beautiful car and it's history, particularly when that restored or original car is turned into something just the same as everyone elses Hot-Rod. To my mind why not use fiberglass or old iron.
Fe26 is offline   Reply With Quote