View Single Post
Old 04-24-2024, 10:37 PM   #111
GB SISSON

Default Re: 276 stroker from 35 years of parts

Gotta love a pair of vice grips like that! I have massaged these adjustable lifters til they hold 40-60 in/lbs. Tomorrow I will drill holes in my lifter bores with my new 12" long 3/16" bit and after that there will finally be some assembly on the horizon. Hopefully not too many more decisions to make. I found what must be an NOS aluminum 8ba cam gear. I also found quite a few oil pump drive gears and various covers. My merc crank didn't come with a gear so I gotta pull one from an 8ba crank. 3 jaw puller? I have the required half bell, oil pan with the aluminum plate (with 2 long and 2 short bolts), starter plate, and surfaced flywheel for a 10" clutch. What do I want for rod nuts? Chev type? Also need the pilot bearing for T5 swap.
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1946 Tonner Pickup with 226 H six, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, now wearing 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is online now   Reply With Quote