View Single Post
Old 04-19-2024, 08:26 AM   #89
GB SISSON

Default Re: 276 stroker from 35 years of parts

Thank you friends, and as usual, new questions arise.... So sometimes cam lobes are tapered to get the lifter rotating? In other words there are cams made specifically for rotator assemblies? My cam is in the block while I play with lifters etc, but will check that over the weekend. I am seeing a potential problem in that with these new seats it's hard to find enough good exhaust valves that are long enough with stems having been ground. I have some with nice thick heads that I can bring down a bit, almost like adjusting the gap from the opposite end. I will assume that my stash of 'tallest' lifters would be a mix of early and late lifters. And lastly for this morning, if I were to use intake valves for intake valves, this would add maybe 30 new candidates to my stash. Not good because of unleaded fuel?
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1946 Tonner Pickup with 226 H six, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, now wearing 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote