View Single Post
Old 04-10-2024, 11:58 PM   #36
langus480

Default Re: Straightening up a couple of Model A's (Advice needed)

Hi Jerome, great project cars. As a fellow mechanic (aviation) and fellow car enthusiast, I would start out with deciding what YOU want to do. If you want to fully restore these two cars, great. FIRST, buy these books (you'll find them very informative, and you'll begin to think 'these were written especially for me'):

https://www.amazon.com/COMPLETE-MECH.../dp/B00XABG49W

Keep in mind that what ever you choose to do will take time, but take steps that make progress. Meaning, get the necessary things to get it running and driveable.

Driveable means you can take it out and enjoy it between upgrades and improvements.

Then, maybe work on replacing the wood (they sell kits for all the wood- I know, I just bought all the wood for my pickup). You'll be able to fix the roof at that point as well and knock out two of the items at once. Then, what ever else you want to do, but the key point to take away from this is, you learn as you work on these old cars, and what ever you choose to do, you'll basically resurrect them from the scrap pile or modifiers torche for hot rodding. BUT ITS ENTIRELY UP TO YOU TO CHOOSE. If you need help and assistance reach out here on the forum, there are a great amount of talented people on here willing to help.

Lastly there are so many resourses for parts, just do an internet search for what you may need or are missing. If you need any parts that you can't find then post a request or question again here on the forum, someone will reply.

One more thing, join the local Model A club in your area. They to will help you get under way on achieving your goals.

STAY THE COURSE and KEEP THEM FLYING (down the highway anyways)!!!

Last edited by langus480; 04-11-2024 at 12:00 AM. Reason: wrong word used (know for knock)
langus480 is offline   Reply With Quote