View Single Post
Old 03-21-2024, 06:03 PM   #16
Banditorama

Default Re: Spark lever position at idle and temperature sensitivity

UPDATE:

Problem located and temporarily solved. Unfortunately, I found this problem because another problem popped up. I went into the garage this morning and noticed a strong smell of gasoline. A very slow drip coming out of the mouth of the carburetor. Just enough to wet the engine pan, but there wasn't anything on the rug that I park the car over

The fuel petcock in the cab isn't quite stopping the flow of gas. I took the carb off and the fuel line had a very slow Drip coming out. There was a bunch of sediment in the bottom of the carb and I guess some had worked its way between the float needle and seat too which kept it propped open.

Took the carb apart, double checked the float height and cleaned everything out. Set my idle speed to ~600rpm with the spark lever set halfway. Idles nice and now I've got the gas line disconnected and capped off. Next step is to replace the petcock and figure out a way to clean the junk out of the bottom of my tank.

Oh well, if the car didn't have any problems then I wouldn't have anything to on my days off.
Banditorama is offline   Reply With Quote