View Single Post
Old 03-18-2024, 08:25 AM   #12
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: 2024 Chickasha pre-war Swap Meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
Again, I’ll say things are regional. Some meets are doing well and others aren’t for various reasons. A lot of people on here enjoy the benefits of what the country’s population looked like in the 30’s. A lot of that was real and mostly located east of the Missouri River with the exceptions of California, Seattle, or Denver. Where I live, most of our Model A’s are imported from other states. Our population didn’t take off until after WW2 and air conditioning, A’s were rare since our population was low. As a result, I have to drive 500 miles for a decent and even small swap meet. Lodging, food, and gas factor into my total costs. My alternative for parts is eBay and the shipping costs with that.

So if I’m committing to the cost of airfare, parts hauling home, hotel, food and other expenses, I’m going to Pate where I can find the gems among 13,000 vendors vs the couple hundred Chickasha likely offers. I’m also looking or more than A parts, the benefits are greater for me at Pate, Hershey. Etc.

So what are you calling "Gems" -and what items are you looking for specifically at these larger meets?

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote