View Single Post
Old 03-09-2024, 07:33 PM   #27
Jyromefedx

Default Re: Straightening up a couple of Model A's (Advice needed)

Hello and once again, thank you for the replies.
Again, I'll try to respond to everyone.

-Ayers1

Thank you for the welcome, for my plan I have the mechanics down tickety-boo. There is one fella I've been talking to about metal fab and he's talking about $100/h, so the more I can do the better. I have a welder and I have welded, structural bodywork is new new new to me.

-Model "A" Fords
"Jyrome,

Are these Canadian cars?"

They have CA Serial Numbers

-Gene F
"If you want it to be a streetrod this is not the car for you. I have hotrods (and a streetrod), and speak from experience."

This really lead me to something, I can finally put a word to what I am looking to do, a street rod. For my first one I am not looking to restore it to factory, more just get together a drivable, reliable vehicle. Now that I have a name and baring in mind the scarcity of other options in my area, why would this be a bad candidate for a street rod?

The electrical I am plenty fine with alongside the mechanical portion, specifically a straight body to frame mounting is where my head is at.

-rotorwrench

"Fabricating a metal subframe may be a challenge since the wood subframes were bolted to the frame with no need for body blocks like a Tudor or Coupe types. There were also steel braces that held body wood to subframe wood. It will be a lot of work either way. I've never seen anyone restore a car with a steel subframe to replace the wood but a lot of hot rodders do it."

In my mind I am looking to more so make a full encased metal body as my end result. The steel braces that I seen in the prior picture have helped me understand how it went together from factory. Do you have any resources on a hotrodder doing it in a Fordor?

Jyromefedx is offline   Reply With Quote