View Single Post
Old 12-09-2023, 04:02 PM   #61
Ronnieroadster

Default Re: Shoud I relieve my block

Dale
While its true I do spend most of my energy running a supercharger which would for the most part not be effected greatly by lower compression created by the relief.

BUT here's some testing results from two test runs that took place in July with our car taken without running the supercharger. Here's the details with the supercharger removed I replaced it with a hand made intake I'm experimenting with that has two Holley two barrel carbs set on top. The engine is the same 292 cubes we run burning VP 116 octane racing gas the car as I wrote earlier is over 3000 pounds. The first test run I held the RPM to 5000.
From a standing start at the measured timed 1 mile the speed was over 130 MPH at the 1.5 timed mile mark the speed was over 140 MPH.

Upon checking date I decided to add two more degrees of timing now 23 all in and actually go bigger on the jetting. For this second run the RPM was increased to 6000. The speed attained at the 1 mile mark was now 143 MPH and at the 1.5 mile mark 153 MPH. The second run speed is more than 10 MPH faster than the current record at Bonneville set by an engine that measured well over 300 cubes. There's a lot more left in our new normally aspirated gas combination I'm certainly looking forward to more testing on our stock block Ford flathead.
Ronnieroadster
First ever gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to run 200 MPH at Bonneville Salt Flats setting the record August 7th 2021 at 205.744 MPH
Ronnieroadster is offline   Reply With Quote