View Single Post
Old 11-16-2023, 01:02 PM   #32
JM 35 Sedan

Default Re: Oil Pan and Drag Link Interference 8BA in 36 Cabriolet

I did this conversion in 1959 in my '35 3w coupe, when I was 15 yo :-) (not kidding). I had a 59ab in the car that developed a knock so I hit the local junk yards looking for a good replacement engine. I think I got lucky when I found a '49 mercury that apeared to have a good clean engine with wide belt pulley water pumps, U shaped spacers and the attached bell housing needed to bolt to the '35 top loader transmission. I think it took me a day, maybe two to pull the old and drop in the new to me, but probably used pretty hard back in those days. The only unexpected problem I ran into was with the fan to radiator clearance. Somehow I managed to squeeze in the minimum amount of clearance necessary and drove it that way from '60 to '62 until I signed up for several years in the Navy. Then when I got back home I did the unthinkable , pulled that Merc engine out and dropped in a 327ci sbc. Back then figured it was the right thing to do

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein

Last edited by JM 35 Sedan; 11-16-2023 at 01:55 PM.
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote