Thread: Remember When
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2023, 08:57 PM   #5
Daves55Sedan

Default Re: Remember when

Several decades ago, I worked at an engineering company in Houston Texas and on our team was a guy about my same age who's last name was Nowak. He noticed I drove to work everyday in my '55 Ford sedan and he told me about his uncle who lived up near St. Louis who raced a 1956 Ford funny car at all the race-tracks around there.
I didn't believe him.
About 15 years later, I was building my '55 Courier sedan delivery car and was looking for parts to put it together. A local guy told me to go out to Washington Missouri and find a guy who had some cars like my sedan.
So I go out there and I see a '56 Ford Crown Vic funny car sitting next to his garage. It turns out the guy's name was Dale Nowak. He also had another stock '56 Vicky 2-dr hardtop sitting in a field near his house and lots of parts in his shed. He told me about two salvage yards nearby that had stuff I needed. Had it not been for running across him, I might not ever have finished my Courier with original parts. I got some stuff from him and visited both salvage yards and got stuff from them that I needed.
it completely blew my mind that the guy in Houston wasn't blowing smoke afterall. Later that year I went out to a raceway in Missouri and watched Dale run his Crown Vic down the track.
Daves55Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote