View Single Post
Old 10-08-2023, 12:43 PM   #1
mhsprecher

Default Labels inside of new tires

Someone else posted about this, but I installed new American Classic Radials on my car with new Hartford tubes. In my reading I saw a suggestion to remove any stickers or labels on the INSIDE of the tire. I had my tires mounted, so I didn't do that.

On my 115 mile trip to Hershey last week I had a flat tire. I changed it and made it to Hershey. When I took the tube out of the tire to see what the problem was, there was a small cut in the tube. I checked inside of the tire and found one of those little tables floating around near where the hole in the tube would have been. Looking at the tube, the split in the tube was framed with markings the same size as that little label. I went to Coker and explained what happened and they gave me a new tube.

We had a discussion bout the hole in the tube. For some tires, they put a label on the tire about removing those little stickers before you mount the tire. Who knew? In any event, I suggest removing those stickers just to be sure.

Oddly enough, the guy parked next to me on the show field had new American Classics and he had had a flat, too. I shared my experience with him. I now need to dismount all the tires and make sure there are no labels and check the tubes for potential problems.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8748 (1).jpg (45.3 KB, 135 views)
1939 Deluxe Fordor
1945 pickup
1951 Custom convertible

Last edited by mhsprecher; 10-08-2023 at 03:10 PM.
mhsprecher is offline   Reply With Quote