View Single Post
Old 09-30-2023, 11:49 AM   #6
bavArian

Default Re: Float-A-Motor Mount on 28 roadster with fixed front mount

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Hello Richard,

that car is quite original with only VERY minor modifications, it doesn't even have external door handles that the later cars had as standard for example. From the condition I'd guess it was stored in a barn or sth. for a long time and then revived on a budget sometime mid-80s.
Being an mechanical engineer I'm aware of the reason that these vibrations are occuring and I have no idea why Ford decided to mount the engine rigid on both ends. For a long time now that's reserved for race cars because of the vibrations and noise coming from the engines being passed on right to frame and body.

Selling the car isn't as easy over here as it is in the USA, these cars are extremely rare over here and a really good one will lighten your bank account a lot. Also I've already done a lot of work to the car and am at the point where, apart from a few engine/carb-related problems, everything works fine. That's why I want to get the rest working properly too.

I think I'll test it with fixed front mount and floating rear mount and gearbox. That should remove almost all vibrations. If it still causes problems I can always modify the front mount according to the service bulletin.
bavArian is offline   Reply With Quote