View Single Post
Old 09-09-2023, 09:59 AM   #1
California Charlie

Default 1931 Slant Window Wooden Header - Revisited

I appreciated all of the information I recevied on my first post about replacing the wooden header on my 1931 Slant Window; however, before I use my cutoff wheel to cut metal to remove the header, I want to be absolutely sure that I'm not cutting off more metal than what is needed.

I've been told everything from it's an obvious cut, to it's only about a 1/2" cut, to contacting someone who never returned my email. I've visually looked over this situation that I'm faced with and I still remain on the cautious side of proceeding forward.

I like my Slant Window, but what was Henry thinking?

I don't want to comprimise the window surround metal integrity by cutting off too much metal than what is needed, and then trying to put it all back together.

Does anyone have a photo or diagram of where exactly the cut is made to extract the '31 Slant Window Wooden Header? That is what I need to comfortably proceed with this project that I have. A picture in this case is worth a thousand words said to me.

All responses to my request for further information will be certainly appreciated very much. With the proper information I receive, I plan on documentating this repair for the next restorer faced with this same problem matter.

Thanks once again.

Last edited by California Charlie; 09-09-2023 at 04:15 PM.
California Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote