View Single Post
Old 09-09-2023, 09:54 AM   #9
Karl Wescott

Default Re: 32 rear fender mounting?

Over the years some editions of our fenders had "dimples" to mark the hole locations, some do not. I am not sure how long it would take me to make up a sketch.

You should not have any major issues fitting the fender, my understanding is Brookvilles wheelwell is reasonably accurate to original shape, as are our fiberglass fenders.

Several suggestions. First, any holes in the fiberglass fender should be opened up to 1/2" unless it would show on the outside. This allows for "scooching" the fender slightly to optimum fit and avoid binding between the hole and the shaft of the bolt. Second, use hardened USS size washers, they will spread the compression force over a greater area than standard or fender washers which tend to bend when the fender is bolted up. Third, 32's tend to have issues with the tips of the rear fenders not staying aligned. Locate the lowest point on the fender/horn cover where you can drill a hole with a matching hole horizontal in the frame. Use a piece of "all thread" to tie the fender to the frame. As each end will be "double nutted" you will be able to adjust the tip of the fender in and out slightly, and firm up the mounting.
Karl Wescott is offline   Reply With Quote