View Single Post
Old 06-20-2023, 07:42 PM   #5
poolplayer1

Default Re: 1955 Ford ranch wagon/ Lower control arm bushings

Forgot to mention that the reason I don't know how the bushings go is because I had taken the 55 over to a guy that had a lot of experience on front end work on vintage cars. He said one of the coil springs was bad but it was better to replace both. He also said the lower control arms needed bushings. He said it would take about 2 weeks to do the job
Because he was really busy with other cars. He was suppose to call me in 2 weeks to tell me that he was ready for the parts. It was already a month and no call from him. So, I decided to go over and see what was going on, Bad news, the guy had passed away a 2 weeks earlier. I told his wife that he was working on my car and told her which one it was. I went over to my wagon and guess what, he had already removed the 2 arms and also the springs. I told her I was going to take my car back and she said ok but the problem was that we could not find any of the parts that he had removed. She knew nothing about my parts. Some how they got lost. I have my wagon back but no springs or lower control arms. The wife was a really nice lady and she was already heart broken so I did not want to make things worst for her. I found 2 used control arms but they don't have the bushings in them and I don't know which way they go. Thats why I am asking. Sorry for the long post.
poolplayer1 is offline   Reply With Quote