View Single Post
Old 04-12-2023, 03:06 PM   #5
Flathead Fever

Default Re: 32-33 closed cab seat back bracket locations

Hey David I took photos of those '34 BB seat brackets. That was a fire truck hose tender. My old Samsung phone let me download photos directly to my computer. My new Apple phone will not let me do it directly. I have to plug the phone in and while it charging it sends the photos to the cloud and them I can download. Them Sometimes they don't show up in the cloud for a day because of my slow rural internet. I'll post them as soon as I get them.

I learned a little. The upper brackets curve all the way around the seat frame the seat does not unsnap from the uppers like the lower brackets. You must take out the brackets' screws and remove the brackets with the seat back. I could not get the right-side screw out, it was going to break off, so I had to take a screwdriver and open the bracket up. All the brackets have cloth between them and the seat frame. It looks likes it was part of the seat fabric and not separate pieces. The lower brackets also have fabric between them and the wood like that other photo I posted. There are only two upper brackets. No holes where there t ever would have ever been a third one. Surprisingly the lower middle bracket is missing, the holes are there. and the wood is painted red. Al of the wood, brackets and hardware were assembled and then painted. If that middle bracket had been there the wood would not be painted in that spot. I'm 99% sure that is original paint inside the cab. It's hard to measure the bottom ones from the floor because the wood is angled. I think I would mount the upper brackets, hang the seat frame on them and then install the lower brackets so you get a nice tight fit.
Flathead Fever is offline   Reply With Quote