View Single Post
Old 12-02-2022, 11:24 AM   #14
GB SISSON

Default Re: Testing blocks in the home shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce5wndw View Post
https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Offen...Kit,25045.html

I bought one of these and it works like a charm!
edit: I just noticed they are on backorder! Sorry

Gotta say that speedway set looks pretty nice with the added plus of viewing of valve pockets. That's about 30 bucks per block when a guy has ten of em! I have two friends on the island that have plasma tables. I don't really understand how they work, except that they work remarkably well. They scan an object (head?) and it goes into the computor, at that point it can be altered, then the thing cuts out your steel plate into whatever is on the program. It is mind boggling seeing this apparatus cut 1" steel plate with no slag and all the cuts are perfectly plumb etc, etc.... I can talk to them. On the hillbilly front, I wonder if my bosch jig saw with a good lenox blade would cut the heads open? I suppose I should start with the solid sheet of rubber under a stock head anb see what I find. I assume I will need to at least put a knife cut through each cylinder location on my rubber gasket....
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1946 Tonner Pickup with 226 H six, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, now wearing 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote